1. Do I need a doctor’s referral?
No, a doctor’s referral is not required for physiotherapy services. However, you may want to check with your insurance company first to see if a doctor’s referral is required to obtain coverage for services.
2. Is an assessment required before attending a ﬁtness class?
Yes. As the role of a physiotherapist is to monitor the individual needs of each client, it is important that each person has been properly screened before attending a fitness class. What makes these classes unique is that individualized goals can be carried out within the group setting.
*There may be exceptions if you have already been assessed by a qualified women’s health physiotherapist. However, assessment is still recommended as individual fitness goals and testing may be included.
3. Can I just get an assessment without doing a ﬁtness class?
Absolutely. If you prefer to work out on your own or the classes don’t fit with your schedule, you can come in for an assessment and follow up for re-assessment at pre-determined intervals.
*If the class or location doesn’t fit your needs but you would like to join, please let us know- we might be able to add a new time or location.
4. Are babies able to attend classes?
Babies are welcome for our Mom and Baby classes. Certain classes will be more appropriate for different age levels so please ask when signing up for a class. The evening Floor and Core class is for moms only so take the time to enjoy some time to focus on yourself. Please be reminded that you will be responsible for your own child at your own discretion.
5. Do I need to pay for parking?
You may have to pay a small fee for parking at some facilities. These facilities were selected based on the use of appropriate equipment to optimize the fitness experience. There is usually street parking also available.
FAQ’s re: Summer outdoor classes
1) Are the classes stroller classes?
No, the classes do not involve the strollers. However, you are more than welcome to bring your stroller if your child is more comfortable. There are usually some mats/a Bumbo/toys that can be used for those who would like to use it. You are welcome to bring other props/toys that you think your child may like including protection from sun/insects.
2) How are the infants involved?
Usually, we do a short session toward the end of the workout which may involve songs, bubbles, parachute etc. We may also discuss certain issues such as positioning, lifting etc. During the workout session, the babies can play, sleep, eat or whatever they would normally do! You can attend to your child as needed. You are welcome to bring a carrier if your child likes to be close to you. Some exercises will be more suitable for use with a carrier than others.
3) I am not sure of my summer schedule and don’t want to commit to anything. Can I do drop in classes? As long as there is space available, you are welcome to drop in for classes at a rate of $30/class. However, this year we are increasing the flexibility of the passes so that they may be used on either day throughout the summer. We understand that summer is a busy time and wanted to give you the most options to stay committed to your fitness goals without having to worry about your schedule.
4 )I am not sure how my child will do in the class. Can I trial a class?
If you are not sure how your child will do and would like to trial a class, please contact us and we can make arrangements for this.
5) Do I require an assessment before joining the classes?
Yes, an assessment is required before registering for a fitness class. It may be required if you would like to receive coverage for physiotherapy services. It’s a great chance to learn what areas of your body need strength and flexibility and where to focus your training. Please see Question #2 in regular FAQ section.
6) I have a toddler as well, are they able to come?
We are all aware that it gets a bit trickier when there are two (or three or four)! You are welcome to bring your other child at your own discretion as long as it is not a disturbance to others. You will be responsible for your children at all times. We are looking into childcare options for a small fee so keep posted.
There are a variety of programs for toddlers that may be of interest to you to give you some extra time with your little one.